Aaaahhh...It's a snow day! It isn't actually snowing, but who understands the mysteries of LHU anyway? The roads look like quite a mess, so I guess that's a good enough reason. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. This reminds me of being in high school. I'd watch the news just to see the little ticker at the top of the screen that listed the schools that were closed or delayed. Of course, avoiding the school bus (or cheese wagon as everyone called it) was reason enough to be excited about having a day off. Today, I'm still doing a little bit of class work, but the farthest I'll go is across the street.
To Starbucks. :-)
Yeah, I might be a little too dependent on caffeine. But you know what else is great about that coffee shop? It has a great view of the woods and the pathway winding through campus. Right about now, I'm not sure it's as pretty as home...
But I bet it is a lovely sight. Which reminds me of something that strikes me every once in a while. I've always thought that God is an artist. Have you ever just stopped and admired your winter world? I don't like winter too much, but it's a little hard not to appreciate the beauty of ice clinging to evergreen branches like dripping diamonds. Also, I'm not certain why I decided I should take an 8 am class this semester, but the sunrise does seem like a pretty good reward. One morning, while I was on break, I woke up to a snowy morning and the sun shooting up high, leaving a rocket blaze of gold behind it. Brilliant watercolors splashed across the sky, and I wondered if God dips his fingers in celestial paint sometimes because, like the people he made, he just has to release some kind of artistic tension.
Is it a compulsion for him like it is for me?
Does he know joy like I do, or does it bubble up even greater in his heart?
And then I realize that, in this at least, I am like him: I love to create. Little pieces of his heart are in mine.
Did you know it's the same with you?

No comments:
Post a Comment